Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wilderness Escape

As I started packing for vacation to Minnesota, I thought back to our first 2 years of marriage living there and all the wonderful memories...


canoeing...


winter camping...


camping out on Lake Superior...

and so much more. Cross country skiing, polar dips, building quinzees, BWCA trips, the list goes on. But I tell you, were it not for these books, I don't know if I would have been willing, let alone eager to experience all this stuff. I wanted to be a pioneer woman ever since I was a little girl reading these stories . Turns out I married a pioneer man at heart and we lived the first season of our marriage in this beloved cabin pictured below with no plumbing, an outhouse 10 yards away, and a lot of warm, cozy memories.



So, Minnesota, here we come! We've missed you and can't wait to play again!

No comments: