Monday, October 20, 2008

In Defense of Art

In the beginning of October our church hosted an art show and Saturday night they hosted a "coffee house" with live music and the art from the art show was displayed for all to enjoy. On Sunday an art pastor from Austin, Texas, spoke during the service and if you are at all passionate about any form of art I highly recommend listening to it. Even if you just "merely" enjoy art, which you have to admit if you're breathing you probably do, I recommend listening to it. It encouraged me and reminded me that God is not only interested in that which is practical, useful, and purposeful, but that He enjoys and wants me to enjoy those things that have no function other than to bring joy.

1 comment:

gina said...

agreed. brings to mind a lot of what is written in ecclesiates.