Friday, October 10, 2008

A Carrot Addiction?

Generally, when I crave something it's along the lines of say chocolate, pastry, a big cheeseburger... but lately I've been craving and eating carrot casserole like it's nobody's business. Here's the recipe and a picture of the dish after day 3 of eating the leftovers.

Carrot Casserole

4 cups carrots sliced (a 2 lb. bag is 4,3/4 cup)
1 cup mayo
3 Tbs horseradish (my hubby prefers mustard here)
melted butter
ritz or saltine crackers

Cook carrots, mix with mayo and horseradish, put in greased casserole dish and top with crackers mixed with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Yum.


This was originally introduced to me as part of a meal delivered to me after I had Zane. Thanks, Mary, it's a keeper.

3 comments:

gina said...

looks yummy, and i think I know why. starts with 'm' and ends with 'ayo.' you would like all recipes by paula deen, i think.

Bethany said...

oh yes, just the other day on Paula's Home Cooking she said, "Fat equals flavor." I tend to agree.

gina said...

maybe that's why my husband always asks me to bring him a cup of hot fat...