Wednesday, January 14, 2009

3

1. I don't know where I've been, but I just discovered Amazon.com's wish lists. My birthday is in November and Christmas has come and gone, but I'm still dog gone excited about it! I've been browsing the internet adding things to my list left and right like someone's actually going to buy me all these things.

2. Yes, Christmas has come and gone and now I can finally share the handmade gift that I made for all my relatives.






Simply glue the flap part of an envelope to the back of another envelope. Repeat 5 times (or 3 or 4 or 7...). Accordian fold. Decorate, personalize, embellish, and voila. You could use this for many different purposes; keeping wish lists and gift receipts for each member of the family, saving/tithing/spending, the possibilities are endless. Honestly, though I'm not sure that they were a big hit. We'll try again next year.

3. Well, I'm sad to update on my fantasy football league. I turned out to be "that guy" that I made fun of the last two years who midway through the season played players who had byes and just stopped paying attention. Thanksgiving came and fantasy football went down the tubes. At that point none of my players had byes, but I'm pretty sure I didn't play Brian Westbrook the last couple weeks when he was on fire. I made it into the playoffs, so I hear, and played my brother-in-law for 3rd place and I'm such a fantasy football loser that I don't even know if I won that final game. Sigh.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I like the idea. It would be great if you could make them with big envelopes to hold greeting cards.

You could make it 12 long and have one for each month and then put a list of birthdays on the outside of each envelope.